A Little Bit About Me...


Hey everyone, I'm Jazmyn! I currently live in Healy, Alaska which is located a few miles away from the main entrance to Denali National Park. Because of this, I have gained a hobby for driving through the park looking for animals, or hiking the trails! However, pro tip: if you go into the park specifically looking for animals, you will never see any, you have to just "let them come to you." I am a sophomore this year, and am working towards getting a degree in early childhood education with hopes to become an elementary teacher once I graduate. 

Below is a picture of me and my golden retrievers, and one of me and 4/5 siblings (and mom). 


                                      

                                                                    

Coming from a big family, it wasn't until recently that ALL five of us siblings started to get along. Music has acted as a glue for me and my siblings; whether it is dancing in the kitchen, or just listening to 'dinner' music, we constantly use music as a way to fill any silence in the room. Ever since my mom bought an Alexa (electronic music device) for our living room area, we are consistently having song requests for it. We are able to each express the mood that we are in based off of the song we ask it to play. Doing this acts as a nonverbal way of communicating with one another and allows each of us to have a sort of 'warning' on how we should approach one another. Overall, it is heavily and positively impacted the way that me and my family interact with one another on a daily basis. 

I do not really do anything musically anymore, however when I was in middle school I played the xylophone for three years in our school band. I enjoy listening to music, and LOVE going to concerts whenever I have the opportunity. One of my goals has been to move to a city where they have local bands playing every night! 

Here is the link to one of my favorite songs, Chicago by Flipturn! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F60xIONnoP4


Comments

  1. Healy is an amazing small gem! I have met several musicians who call Healy home over the years. I hope you can hear local bands every night. It always amazes me how much talent is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always go on an annual hike at Denali. One of my favorite places in Alaska for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts